The Bachelor of Arts programme in Economics has been designed with the objective to develop in-depth knowledge of students in frontier areas of economic theory and methods, so that they are able to use the knowledge to study real world economic problems. The course has a strong focus on theoretical and quantitative skills and train students in the collection and analysis of the data using their software skills. The programme offers specialized optional courses, which allow student to pursue their studies in their area of interest. The students are required to submit report and present their findings of field-study.
- Prepare students to develop critical thinking to carry out investigation about various socio-economic issues objectively while bridging the gap between theory and practice..
- Equip the student with skills to analyze problems, formulate an hypothesis, evaluate and validate results and draw reasonable conclusions thereof.
- Prepare students for pursuing research or careers that provide employment through entrepreneurship and innovative methods. Because today’s unemployment problem can also be solved by developing the micro and small entrepreneurship.
- Prepare students to develop own thinking /opinion regarding current national or international policies and issues.
- Create awareness to become a rational and an enlightened citizen so that they can take the responsibility to spread the governments’ initiatives/schemes to the rural areas for the upliftment of the poor or vulnerable section of the society for inclusive growth.