Institutional Rules and Regulations of Students
I.Discipline –General Rules
- Perfect discipline and decorum should be maintained in the college campus and class rooms.
- Students should be punctual. Entry of the students in to the campus after 9.30 am in normal working days is restricted.
- Parking vehicles outside the allotted parking area for students will not be entertained.
- Students are not allowed to enter the campus without valid reasons on non-working days.
- Staying at the campus after working hours is not permitted.
- Unauthorized entry of outsiders into the campus is strictly prohibited. Students shall not bring outsiders to the college without permission.
- Students shall always behave with dignity and courtesy.
- Ragging of any sort is strictly forbidden in the college. It is a criminal offence and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against the culprits.
- Political activism is strictly banned in the campus. Students are forbidden to organize or attend meetings other than the official ones.
- Collecting money from the students without the prior permission of the Principal is not entertained.
- Students are prohibited from indulging in anti-institutional, anti-social, communal, immoral or political expressions or activities.
- Notifications for the students will be displayed on the Notice Board. If any student overlooks the notice, it will not be regarded as an excuse.
- Students shall only use the waste bins for disposing waste materials in class rooms and college campus.
- Students shall not disfigure the walls, windows and furniture by writing on them or drawing pictures or sticking bills.
- Students shall not use any narcotic products like chew gum or betel quids (paan) in the premises of the college.
- No notice or petition of any kind shall be circulated among the students or pasted on the Notice Board or anywhere in the college premises without the permission of the Principal.
- No collective representation of students to the principal’s cabin will be entertained.
- In regard to all matters of conduct not specially mentioned there, students are expected to conduct themselves to uphold the honour and prestige of the institution.
II. Discipline- Academic Rules
- All students should reach in the allotted class rooms before the commencement of the class hour irrespective of whether the faculty has reached or not. Late comers shall not be permitted to enter the class.
- Students shall greet and rise from their seats when a teacher enters the class. They shall also greet all the teachers on their first meeting with in the college.
- Students should maintain cleanliness of the class rooms and arrangements of class shall not be disturbed, dislocated or damaged.
- If a student is absent in any hour either in the morning or afternoon session, then the entire session will be marked as absent.
- No student shall enter or leave the class without permission of the teacher who engages the class.
- Students are not permitted to conduct programmes during class hours without prior permission.
- It is the responsibility of students of a class to maintain the class diary, the valid tool for evaluating a teacher in the class room.
- No student shall be absent from the class without leave the reason for leave shall be clearly stated.
- Application for leave shall be submitted countersigned by guardian with the recommendation of the class tutor. Late application will not ordinarily be considered
- If the student is absent due to illness, the application for leave should be supported with a Medical Certificate as soon as the student rejoins in the college.
- The minimum attendance 75 %, of the total working days of the semester required for Attendance Progress Certificate (APC) and for the promotion and admission to the University Examination.
- APC will not be granted unless a student has completed the course of instruction to the satisfaction of college authorities.
- Students whose attendance falls below the minimum shall apply for exemption to the University through the Principal. The application in the prescribed form shall be attached by a chalan of Rs. 860/-. No exemption will be granted during a course for more than one academic year.
- If a student is unable to attend classes as she represents the college in extracurricular activities, NSS or Red Ribbon Club, she may apply for attendance within three days.
- Students should remit their semester fees on the date of June 10th and December 10th of every semester.
- On failing to pay the fees within due date an amount will be levied as fine along with the semester fees. Defaulters will not be allowed to attend the classes.
- All parents must attend the General PTMA as well as class PTA meetings. It is mandatory for students to get their Progress Card scrutinized and signed by their parents in class PTA meetings.
- Parents and students must always obtain a receipt from the office for any payment made by them and keep the same for any future reference.
- Every student must carry the college ID-Card while attending lectures, meetings, programmes and appearing for various examinations.
- At the time of issuing a book from the library, the ID- Card must be presented along with the Library Card.
- Photo used in the ID-Card must be a recent picture taken with in the last 6 months.
- Authorized Bus Card is needed to travel by college bus.
- In the case of loss or misplacement, normally no duplicate ID cards will be issued. If the reason is genuine, students should submit an application to the Principal with the recommendation of Class Tutor. Extra fee will be charged for duplicate ID- Cards.
IV. Dress Code
- Students are strictly directed to follow the dress code as directed by college authorities. The dress worn shall be clean sober and dignified. Students should observe strict modest in dress and manners.
- All students must wear the uniform provided by the college regularly.
V. Mobile Phone
- Usage of mobile phones in the campus is strictly restricted.
- Students should switch off their mobile phones while in the class rooms, laboratory, library etc.
- Mobile phone is strictly prohibited in the hall during the examination.
- Loss or theft of mobiles, modern means of communications, valuables and other belongings are at student’s risk.
VI. Human Values
- Be clam and silent whenever the college prayers and National Anthem are recited.
- Participate in the celebrations of National and religious festivals.
- Adhere to the fundamental duties (Article 51 A) enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
- Be scrupulously honest in all academic activities.
- Be attentive, fair and co-operative to your teachers and peers on various academic and non-academic activities.
- Try to play fair when competitions are bound to be there.
- Give respect to elders and gain their blessings.
- Believe in loving, sharing and caring.
- Candidates must report at the examination hall half an hour before the commencement of the University Semester Examination.
- All candidates must carry the photo ID card provided by the college to prove their identity.
- Malpractices at the examination will be viewed as grave offence and will be seriously dealt with.
- Mobile phone is strictly prohibited in the hall during the examination. If mobile phone is seized, it will not be returned in any circumstances.
- All candidates should follow the Calicut University Examination rules published by the University Examination Department.
- In addition to the university Semester Examinations special internal test papers will be held from time to time, serious notice will be taken of absence without leave in such tests.
- A Progress Report will be sent to each parent or guardian giving progress details of Internal and University Examinations of each student and the attendance gained by the student together with remarks of Class Tutor and Principal.
As per the directions given by:
- Honourable Supreme Court of India
- Kerala Prohibition of Ragging (Amendment)Act
- University Grants Commission
- Ragging is a non-bailable criminal offence.
- Ragging in any form inside and outside the campus will be seriously dealt with. The case will be handed over to the Police Station.
- Any type of behavior including gestures, talk or action hurting the self esteem of the person will come under the preview of Ragging.
- Any student convicted of ragging offence shall be dismissed from the Educational Institution and such students shall not be admitted in any other Educational Institution for a period of 3 years.
- Whoever commits ragging shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extent to 2 years and shall also be liable to pay fine.