- The faculty member should report to the college at least 15 minutes before the
commencement of class timing and 1 hour before the commencement of University
- A faculty member shall be punctual in attending class and leaving the class room after the
class time is over.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- As far as possible, a faculty member is required to make alternative arrangement to handle his/her scheduled course work and other works when ever he/she goes on leave.
- A teacher should handle the subject assigned by the HOD.
- Once the subject is allotted, the teacher should prepare the term target to complete the
syllabus in time.
- The teacher should get the term target approved by HOD and Principal.
- Teachers are expected to produce good results in the subject handled by them and are
accountable for the same.
- Academic auditing is conducted at the end of each semester.
- Tutor- ward system must be effectively maintained. Teacher shall monitor SQC formed in
the class for effective evaluation of teaching- learning process.
- Assignment topics for each course are to be given to the students within 15 days of the
beginning of each semester.
- At least 2 internal tests are to be conducted and total internal marks of students have to be
displayed on the notice board.
- The class tutor is in charge of the class diary that is maintained and operated by the
- The faculty should get the feedback from students and act/adjust the teaching
- The faculty member should use ICT tools and multimedia aids for effective delivery of
- The class tutors should identify the slow learners and pay special attention to their needs
in remedial coaching classes.
- The teaching learning shall be leaner -centered ensuring learning outcome of different courses.
- The faculty should motivate the students and bring out the creativity and originality in the students.
- The science stream faculty should involve themselves in the preparation of experimental set up and upgrade the laboratory.
- All faculty members are required to submit their self evaluation report at the end of every semester in the prescribed format.
- Faculty members have to upgrade their knowledge by attending seminars/workshops/
- FDPs after obtaining permission from the Principal.
- They should attempt to publish research papers and articles in reputed magazines, journals & periodicals.
- Every faculty member should associate himself/ herself actively in the extracurricular activities of the Institution which is expected to influence in building up the personality of students.
- A faculty member should take additional responsibilities as assigned by HOD/ Principal in academic, non-academic or extracurricular activities.